Southwest Strategies is seeking a full-time manager to direct project teams and deliver strategic communications for transportation and infrastructure clients.
Southwest Strategies is always focused on building leaders in our industry and community. We want managers who get energized about mentoring others and leading projects while supporting staff in their growth.
Who We Are
We are a full-service public affairs, outreach and strategic communications firm, specializing in public outreach, government relations and social media/digital advocacy. Get to know our work through some of our case studies.
- Develop and lead execution of strategic communication plans for complex public outreach projects
- Act as primary point of contact for projects; maintain communication, address concerns, present communication strategies and ultimately build trust with clients
- Manage strategy and deadlines for each project; assign tasks to support staff and monitor progress
- Collaborate with Creative Department on branding strategies to create impactful campaigns that meet objectives and budget parameters
- Cultivate community support for projects through targeted outreach
- Develop engaging and innovative content for briefings, digital media, advertising and other collateral materials
- 5+ years of previous Public Affairs, Public Relations or Community Relations experience required
- Proven success in managing and implementing public outreach campaigns for complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs or similar field required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with transportation preferred
- Previous agency experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish a bonus!
Job Location: San Diego, CA